Apply before: December 31, 2022
Tourism, Hospitality, and Ancillary Industries Payroll Tax Waiver program provide payroll tax relief measures to eligible Tasmanian employers in the tourism, hospitality, and ancillary sectors.
An employer must meet the following eligibility criteria to qualify for the waiver of payroll tax for wages paid or payable to eligible employees between 1 July 2021 and 31 December 2021:
- be considered a relevant business employer
- have a payroll tax liability for wages paid or payable to eligible employees.
To be a relevant business employer, the applicant must:
- have at least one eligible employee employed at the relevant business
- demonstrate at least a 30% reduction in turnover for the September quarter 2021 when compared with the turnover for the September quarter in either 2019 or 2020
- meet one of the following for the 2020-21 financial year:
- was not grouped and only paid wages in Tasmania
- was not grouped, and the Tasmanian taxable wages paid or payable by the employer comprise 50% or more of the employer’s total Australian wages
- was grouped, and the Tasmanian taxable wages paid or payable by the group comprise 50% or more of the group’s Australian wages.
Eligible employees are those who solely or predominantly work in one or more of the following sectors:
- hospitality, or
- an ancillary industry.
Employers who are eligible for the payroll tax waiver will be automatically eligible for a grant from 1 January 2021 to 30 June 2021.
The grant amount is calculated by multiplying the total payroll tax waiver for the September quarter of 2021 by a factor of 2.5.
Tasmanian businesses in the hospitality, tourism, and ancillary sectors.
Funding amounts vary.
Find out more about eligibility and how to apply at Tourism, Hospitality and Ancillary Industries Payroll Tax Waiver
|Applicant Country||: Australia|
|For more information||: Tasmanian Government|