The SA Innovation Summit, in collaboration with Anza Capital, presents The Foodtech Programme – a program aimed to support fast-growing businesses and start-ups providing solutions in the food value chain in South Africa.
As global food security continues with growing concern due to supply chain inefficiencies, water scarcity, decreasing arable land and food wastage, this program will empower Foodtech innovators and businesses disrupting the space. The Foodtech Programme will provide a platform for selected start-ups, the opportunity to access up to R7 million in investment, mentorship, investment readiness, media exposure, and participation in SAIS 2022 and the WIE Innovation Awards.
The Foodtech Programme aims to identify and support small, fast-growing businesses and start-ups working to provide solutions in the food value chain in Africa. Global food security continues to be a growing concern with supply chain inefficiencies, water scarcity, and decreasing arable land and food wastage. This program covers businesses in agriculture and food production across the value chain of food tech, food waste streams, food transportation, and business-to-food consumption. AI, data, IoT, and blockchain businesses solving issues in the food value chain are all welcome to apply.
- Potential for an R1 – R7 million investment.
- Mentorship from investors and leading entrepreneurs
- Investment Readiness content and templates
- Media exposure
- Participation at SAIS2022
- Pitching in the WIE Innovation Awards 2023
Investment Readiness Programmme
The Investment Readiness Programmme is more than acceleration it is an experience of building equity in the marketplace for you as a founder and your business. The program focuses on tangible outcomes that build your business as you work through the program.
- e-Learning: Flexible self-paced world-class content to fit any founder’s schedule.
- One-on-One Virtual Mentorship: Captains of industry available at the click of a button.
- Community: A tribe of African innovators supporting and inspiring each other.
- Solutions from agriculture and food production to sustainable logistics and food consumption
- Seed to Series A
- South African registered
- At least 6-months revenue
- Sizeable market
- At least 2 founders
APPLY BEFORE July 24, 2022
|Program dates||Aug 1 – Dec 31|
|Organizer||SA Innovation Summit|
|Sectors||Agribusiness, Agritech, Animal farming, Crop farming, Farm machinery, Fish farming, Food and beverage, Food production, Transport and logistics|
|SDG (1)||2. Zero Hunger|