Level 2 COVID-19 Business Assistance Package – Small Business Hardship Grants Program
As part of the Level 2 COVID-19 Business Assistance Package, support is available to small businesses who have experienced a 50 percent decrease in business for any two-week period since 1 January 2022.
Applications are now open for the Small Business Hardship Grants Program 2022 (Small Business Hardship Grants).
The Level 2 COVID-19 Business Assistance Package – Small Business Hardship Grants Program is designed to provide financial support for businesses most impacted by Level 2 public health and social measures that came into effect on 3 March 2022.
Grants will be available to businesses that experienced a decline in a business turnover of 50 percent or more for a consecutive two-week period between 1 January and 30 April 2022.
To be eligible for the Small Business Hardship Grants Program, the applicant must meet all criteria listed below:
- Verify their identity using MyGovID.
- Hold a valid and active ABN for the period covered by their application.
- Be currently trading in Western Australia and:
- Have an annual turnover of more than $50,000, excluding GST.
- Have an Australia-wide annual payroll of less than $4 million.
- Demonstrate a reduction in turnover of at least 50 percent for a consecutive two week period between 1 January and 30 April 2022, compared to an equivalent period in the previous year
- An alternative period in the previous year may be used for comparison if the businesses did not operate in the equivalent period or comparison with the equivalent period provides an inaccurate financial representation of the business.
- Provide evidence of the number of FTE or equivalent employees of their business.
- Provide an unredacted PDF copy of their business bank statement showing 2022 transactions, a BSB, an account number, and the business name associated with the application.
- Agree to the program’s Terms and Conditions.
Also read Business Ideas for 2022
Eligible applicants will receive a tiered grant payment, depending on the number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) employees of the business. For the purpose of this calculation, the business owner is excluded from the FTE calculation.
The following grant tiers are available:
- Non-employing businesses (business owner – no additional employees) – $3,000
- Micro businesses (business owner, plus one to five employees) – $7,500
- Small Businesses (business owner, plus six to 19 employees) – $20,000
- Medium Businesses (business owner, plus 20 or more employees) – $50,000
- Ensure your internet browser is up to date, the following browsers are recommended:
- Google Chrome v3.0+
- Safari v3.0+
- Firefox v 2.0+
- Internet Explorer v8.0+
- Follow the myGovID identity verification procedure:
- Ensure you have set up your myGovID app to standard security strength on your smart device (see video tutorial).
- Click on the “Verify your identity” button on this page to go to the myGovID verification page on wa.gov.au.
- Click on the “Confirm identity” button then “register now” in the digital identity section. You will be redirected to identity.gov.au.
- Select “myGovID” and log in with the email address assigned to your myGovID account.
- Enter the code shown on the screen into your smart device’s myGovID app.
- You will be redirected to wa.gov.au where you give your consent to share your identification details.
|Applicant Country||: WorldWide|
|For more information||: Small Business Development Corporation|