Sponsored by Office of the Vice President for the Arts
FUNDING: See maximum funding amount and funding details below
ELIGIBILITY: Academic Council Faculty | Instructors | Medical Center Line Faculty
APPLICATION DEADLINE December 16, 2022 11:59PM
APPROXIMATE OFFER DATE: February 1st, 2023
The Stanford Visiting Artist Fund is a high-impact, comprehensive and sustained investment in artistic excellence, creating a cohort of talent on campus that will significantly contribute to the campus environment and provide a unique integrative educational experience at Stanford.
The current application cycle is for visiting artists during the 2023-24 academic year.
The Stanford Visiting Artist Fund was created in honor of Roberta Bowman Denning and is administered by the Office of the Vice President for the Arts.Program priorities
- Benefit of the artist to the program and the broader Stanford community, including reach beyond the host department
- Benefit of the residency to the artist
- How does this collaborative work or project exemplify interdisciplinary creative practice and integrate across the University?
- How the artist will interact with students and other members of the Stanford community
- How the artist will be provided appropriate workspace on campus
All academic departments and programs at Stanford are invited to submit proposals to host a visiting artist.
We encourage proposals that include two or more departments and/or programs working in collaboration, and also those that resonate with contemporary concerns, e.g. racial/social justice, environmental sustainability, health and wellbeing.
Artists must commit to an engagement of a quarter or longer, during which time they will collaborate with faculty, engage with students through courses and/or workshops, and present their work to the public in a virtual forum. Awarded funding will cover compensation for the artist’s time (such as honorarium or short-term employment), departmental administrative expenses, and virtual program expenses (such as IT or technical support).
Departments and programs can submit multiple applications.Requirements:
Each visiting artist is expected to perform the following campus engagements:
- Collaboration with faculty
- Class or workshop with students
- Public presentation of their work
Maximum funding amount: $80000
Opportunity Type: Research | Teaching | Career Development | International | Proof-of-Concept | Student Engagement |Community Engagement
Ellen Oh firstname.lastname@example.org