2022 VC4A Venture Showcase Latam – Seed + Series A
CALLING FOR INVESTOR-READY SCALE-UPS LOOKING TO RAISE BETWEEN $500K AND $10M.
We’re looking for up to 8 innovative, high-growth scale-ups to showcase to the global network of Latam-focused investors. Are you operating in Latin America, generating revenue, and looking to raise between $500K and $10M? This is the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
As part of the program, companies get visibility with investors part of a curated investor network and interviews with the leading VC funds as part of the vetting process. The finalists receive mentorship and technical advice directly from the angel investors and VC fund managers that participate in the program. The Venture Showcase is an effective way to get visibility for your fundraising campaign and to connect with prospective investors.
In 2017-2021, VC4A has selected 90 scale-ups as part of 6 showcase programs in emerging markets, resulting in a number of deals totalling over $400M. Building on this success, VC4A now opens a dedicated call for the Latin America region and welcomes fast-growing startups with clear impact potential that are now in the process of scaling up activities in the region. This is an exclusive opportunity to introduce your company to leading investors backing great startups from across Latin America.
Offer to entrepreneurs
WHAT WE OFFER
- Being recognized as top up and coming startup and 2022 VC4A Venture Showcase entrepreneur;
- Inclusion in the VC4A Venture Showcase dealbook, shared with 2000 early stage investors;
- Professionally edited 3-minute virtual pitch featured in the Venture Showcase;
- Participation in the Venture Showcase deal room, engaging directly with interested investors, 30 min deep-dive session with investors in a private room;
- Mentorship and technical support by partner VC investors;
- Joining the alumni network and having exclusive access to partner events and fundraising opportunities;
- AWS Activate offers selected cohort AWS credits of $25,000, tools, resources, and more to quickly get started on AWS
- Access to Showcase content partners
- Application period – March – May 2022
- Selection process / investor review / interviews – May – June 2022
- Showcase participants selection – July 2022
- Mentorship program with VC investors June – August 2022
- Technical sessions with VC investors – August 2022
- Launch of VC4A Venture Showcase – deal room to VC investors – September 2022
- Company is for-profit and registered as an independent legal entity;
- A product or service available on the market and generate revenue;
- A product or service is clearly creating (measurable) ‘impact’*.
- A product is designed for scale;
- A very strong management team of at least 3 people;
- Based in and targeting one or more countries in Latin America;
- Seeking to raise between of USD $500K – USD $10M;
- While there will be exceptions, most likely the startup has already received external investment, structured as either debt or equity or mezzanine, and/or received grants from donor organizations.
* Preference for innovations that are improving the lives of customers living at the BoP (ideally 200.000+ BoP customers and/or 30%+ of the customers are BoP) facing economic, social and environmental challenges.
Apply now to connect to the investor network
We are proud to have leading Latin America-focused funds and angel groups as official Latam Showcase Partners. These investors will be involved in the program every step of the way: selection process, mentorship, technical support and DealRoom.
Browse all investor organizations when you have your venture profile registered on the VC4A platform.
Your investor organization not on the list? Join the VC4A investor network with other like-minded investors and get access to tailor-made content and curated deal flow.
Innovativeness and Scalability (20%) – Company addresses a real problem in the market in a clearly innovative way. Your product or service is different to others in the industry. Your business model is new, disruptive and designed for scale.
Social, economic and/or environmental impact (20%) – Company addresses a social, economic and/or environmental issue and is able to show the impact your product or service is making in the lives of people at the BoP in the Latin American region.
Strategy for Growth (20%) – There is potential to expand into new markets or expand at home. You have a clear strategy on how to grow your impact and we can see demonstrable progress in terms of customer acquisition plans, new contracts, and key partnerships.
Management team (20%) – The team has the qualifications and experience needed to make the business successful.
Market Traction & Financials (20%) – We will evaluate your market traction and look at the potential market size. We will also look at your business model, revenue streams and unit economics, and if any outside funding has been raised before.
What we expect from you
If you are selected for the Showcase, you are expected to:
- Engage with assigned mentors (partner VC investors) and VC4A team to prepare your 3-minute and 20-minute presentations, as well as 2-pagers with investor data as part of the deal book;
- Be prepared to pitch and engage with VC investors in the period of June-July 2022 and be part of the VC4A Venture Showcase and a partner event in the region and/or virtually.
Outreach and Media partners
These organizations see the value in expanding the message across all corners of the globe. Their support is the main evidence that the Latam Startup Ecosystem is getting stronger every day. Want to support this initiative? Contact us or download the Media Kit.