AI Medical Service, a Tokyo, Japan-based med-tech company using deep learning technology to develop endoscopic AI, raised US$70M in Series C funding.
The round was led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2 (SVF2) with participation from Globis Capital Partners, World Innovation Lab (WiL), and Incubate Fund.
The company intends to use the funds for
1. Acceleration of global business development
– Driving joint research and product development with medical institutions in the U.S., Asia-Pacific region, etc.
– Acquiring the talent necessary to expand global business
2. Developing a proprietary cloud platform to eliminate GI cancer around the world
– Creating an in-house cloud platform that connects endoscopy rooms around the world to AIM’s endoscopic AI.
AI Medical Service (AIM) is a medtech company leading player in the field of cloud-based endoscopic AI, engaging in joint research with more than 100 medical institutions with the aim of bringing endoscopic AI to real-world clinical setting as soon as possible to reduce the number of missed cancer diagnoses and save lives.