About the program
The Global Cleantech Innovation Program (GCIP) is a United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)-led program, funded by the Global Environment Facility (GEF), promoting cleantech innovation and entrepreneurship to address the most pressing climate and environmental challenges.
Climate change is a global challenge requiring urgent action. At the same time, the demand for resources and energy continues to increase, especially in emerging markets and developing economies. The limited deployment of cleantech innovations can restrict a country’s ability to fulfill its low-carbon development potential. Adopting innovative clean technologies is critical for climate action without compromising economic and industrial development.
Bringing transformative cleantech solutions to market
GCIP nurtures early-stage SMEs developing cleantech through a comprehensive end-to-end solution of progressive business acceleration services, including:
- National and global accelerators
- Advanced accelerator,
- Post-accelerator support.
SMEs are equipped with the necessary skill set to develop and validate robust business models. At the same time, cleantech innovation and entrepreneurship experts (trainers, mentors, and judges) are trained to support entrepreneurs along their journey.
GCIP facilitates SME financing opportunities by connecting investment-ready businesses to relevant financing partners, nationally and globally. Through collaboration with GCIP, investors gain exclusive access to credible cleantech solutions with high-impact potential.
Benefits for startups
- Access to high-impact capacity-building sessions delivered by innovative business and cleantech leaders.
- Linkage with mentors and industry experts for targeted advisory support along the journey.
- Access to capital through a relationship with strategic investors, VC firms, and other financing institutions.
- Opportunity to actively contribute to the national and global cleantech innovation ecosystem.
- Amplify your impact through National and Global events and showcases.
- Opportunity to scale your innovative cleantech solution in Nigeria and beyond through strategic linkages.
- Connection with large-scale cleantech companies across the globe for possible collaborations.
We are looking for early-stage startups that have the following
An already developed innovative technology-based product (prototype or an existing solution in the market)
A solution that falls under any of the following cleantech categories with particular attention to solutions that improve energy access in underserved regions:
- Energy Efficiency.
- Renewable Energy.
- Waste Beneficiation.
- Green Buildings.
- Advanced Materials and Chemicals.
- A well-rounded and committed team with complementary skills.
The application is open to all Nigerian-based cleantech startups and innovators. When applying to the Global Cleantech Innovation Program make sure you select “Nigeria” in the country section.
APPLY BEFORE July 21, 2022
|Organizer||United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO)|
|Sectors||Clean technology and energy, Renewable energy, Smart city solutions, Transport and logistics, Waste management and recycling|